Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Hydrangea Tour

The Mid-South Hydrangea Society hosted their annual garden tour last Saturday.  Four residential gardens plus one commercial garden were on the tour.  I didn't have time to get out to Gardens Oy Vey in Arlington on Saturday, but it's a definite destination for me sometime this summer!

All of the gardens were wonderful, each in its own way.  I guess my personal favorite was Ann Riordan's because it seemed more doable to me.  She has a long narrow lot that she has transformed into a series of garden rooms, each with its own focus and feel.  I could have spent the entire afternoon there!

fountain in the front garden

Mr. Rooster







































Loropetalum tree
Dang, I got so carried away that I failed to take pictures of her fabulous hydrangeas!

Next on my list was the Dudley garden, an estate sized garden with lush borders of hydrangeas.

front garden



Finally - hydrangeas!















I love pretty garden sheds
Then over to Central Avenue for two more gardens.

Love these dark pink blooms!
It would have been nice if the plants had been labeled.  At Ann's house was a table full of blooms in vases with names attached.  I was grateful for that because I'm about to redo a section of my garden and want to add several hydrangeas.  A few that particularly struck me were Dooley, Forever and Ever Red, and Goliath.

What are your favorites that I should consider?


1 comment:

  1. I am in love with this Shed, Love the green shutters and the whole French cottage look!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated and will appear as soon as they are approved.