Saturday, September 12, 2015

Flowers in Colorado

My daughter and I took a trip to Colorado this past week and I was impressed by the flower displays in the towns there. Here are some pictures from Estes Park, the gateway to Rocky Mountain National Park, snapped with my cellphone as we walked around town.


I love rock gardens and many of the Estes gardens were designed around rocks and boulders. With apologies for my photographic ability (or lack thereof), here is a flower tour of downtown Estes Park.




And the mass plantings were spectacular. The flowers in cooler climates seem to have better color than we typically have here.




And finally, containers . . .



Estes is a pretty little town, but, wow, what a difference flowers make!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated and will appear as soon as they are approved.