Friday, October 19, 2012

Dianne Shows Us How - Part III


Part III of Dianne's demonstration to a group of friends about how she gardens.  Find Part I and Part II. You can follow all of Dianne's stories by searching "Dianne's Journey" in the blog search box to the right.

Dianne made bookmarks for everyone!
I wanted us to harvest some things and then cut the okra and plant some lettuce. But since we got rained out, I did it later. Below are pictures of the harvest and the lettuce planting….and the first snow pea blossom. Now that the okra is out, the snow peas and peppers won't be so stifled. I only planted 5 lettuce today because I wasn't sure if the pill bugs were done munching. I haven't seen as many since it turned colder. In the words of Gilda Radner…."it's always something!"

The harvest

Lettuce peeping up

First snow pea blossom!
Another thing about squirrels I forgot to mention. I've been picking the tomatoes when they first start to turn red and let them ripen on the counter. I figure if the squirrels don't see nice red tomatoes, they won't be tempted. No critter seems to like the peppers, so I let them get red on the vine.

Here's picture of the pesto we made.  Find the recipe here.

Pesto, pesto, pesto!

Okay, I guess that's it. I really enjoyed our time together and hope we can do it again.

Dianne

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated and will appear as soon as they are approved.