Friday, September 14, 2012

Letter from Dianne 9/14/12

Thank you for the seeds, Suzanne. I was especially interested in the Corno di Toro Rosso pepper. I looked it up and what a great pepper to stuff. I will definitely plant some in my garden next year, and really everything will be tried in my garden. I've just got to figure out where to put the squash!!

I had planned on trying another pepper, Shishito. I still need to order the seeds, but don't want to think about seed ordering right now. I saw a recipe (I think in the paper) for these. They are supposed to be addictive, and the most popular way to fix them is a quick hot stir fry with some sea salt. You can use sesame seed oil or olive oil, and most pictures show them slightly blackened or singed. I like the idea of different varieties of peppers. And I just found this recipe that looks great using the Shishito. Maybe I can get my husband to like eggplant. I have one eggplant this year and have been getting a lot of them. The recipe below really tickled me because I even have the blossoms. There are some garlic chives that come up along the side of the house every year and bloom like crazy. The blossoms look just like the ones in the recipe.



Sweet Spicy Eggplant & Shishito

Note:  Suzanne also gave me seeds for Aunt Ada's Italian Pole Beans and for Long of Naples Squash!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated and will appear as soon as they are approved.