Friday, March 11, 2016

Spring Fling March 18-19

One of the biggest and best gardening events in the area is just around the corner. The Memphis Area Master Gardeners hold their Spring Fling in (and around) the Red Barn at the AgriCenter on Friday March 18 and Saturday March 19. Admission and parking are free.

There is a lot for a gardener to love about Spring Fling. For those of you who might not be familiar with this event, I would describe it as a learning and shopping extravaganza. Or maybe a learning/shopping/eating extravaganza, since I usually hit the Master Gardener food area first to pick up a cup of coffee and a homemade baked treat. (Be sure to check it out--Master Gardeners are wonderful cooks!) Spring Fling offers workshops and demonstrations, a variety of great speakers, and fun activities for children.

I usually time my attendance to coordinate with speakers I especially want to hear or demonstrations I want to attend. (You can view the schedule here.) Before and after these events, I shop. There are many garden-related vendors who set up booths offering everything from garden supplies to garden decor. One year, I bought this charming, gently-used garden lantern from a vendor. You never know what treasures you will come across.

And, of course, you can shop for plants. The Master Gardeners have a plant sale area, and many of the local nurseries have plant booths. It's a great time to pick up that plant you need, or if you are like me, that plant you didn't know you needed until you saw it at Spring Fling!

See you there next weekend!



1 comment:

  1. I put your event into my gardening Facebook page this morning. Hope you have a great time!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated and will appear as soon as they are approved.