Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Another Reason to Visit Plant Delights Nursery

I can't remember how I first came across the plant catalog of the Plant Delights Nursery in Raleigh, North Carolina, but it has been my favorite catalog for many years.  Tony Avent is a wonderful, witty writer and the catalog is not only filled with great information on each plant, but is also so much fun to read. Tony's plant descriptions make me want to buy every plant in the catalog. (The catalog is available online at Tony's website.)

Reading the catalog made me want to visit Tony's nursery garden (which is mainly an online nursery but opens for public events periodically) and the Juniper Level Botanic Gardens, but I have never made the trip. Now I have another reason to visit: Tony's wife, Anita, has started offering mindfulness and meditation retreats in the gardens. I recently discovered that Anita shares my interest in mindfulness meditation, and non-duality and that she is planning retreats for 2016.  I would really like to combine one of her retreats with a nursery/garden visit. Maybe if I'm lucky, she'll schedule one in the same time frame as the open nursery dates for 2016. Hint. Hint.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated and will appear as soon as they are approved.