Thursday, April 9, 2015

Daffodils at Oaklawn Garden

Most people who know about Oaklawn Garden in Germantown know it for azaleas. But Oaklawn also has quite the collection of daffodils. Last weekend, my 11-year old grandson, Sam, and I dropped by to see if any were still blooming. Most were past their prime but some were still quite lovely.  

Sam loves to take pictures of flowers so I told him that if he want to take some pictures with my iphone, I'd put them in the blog. He said, "Be sure to say 'Photograph by Sam McCormick'." So here are a few Oaklawn daffodils, courtesy of Sam.

Photograph by Sam McCormick

Photograph by Sam McCormick

Photograph by Sam McCormick


Photograph by Sam McCormick

I'm not very knowledgeable about daffodils, so I can't tell you what these varieties are. But they are only a few of the many beautiful daffodil specimens at Oaklawn. Mark your calendars for next spring to check them out.

And did I mention that these photographs are by Sam McCormick? 

Deb Edwards TMG '12

1 comment:

Comments are moderated and will appear as soon as they are approved.