Friday, January 4, 2013

Resolutions? Help!

Another like - do more art, start with a sketch a day

I love fresh starts, don't you?  It's one of the reasons I love January.  Even though it's cold and often dreary outside, I'm happy with plans and possibilities.

But resolutions?  That's a word that's fraught with negativity for me.  If we were doing word association, my first response would be "failure."  Because, you see, I'm a classic over-achiever:  I consistently bite off more than I can chew.  I make a big list of things I want to do (love lists!) and have every good intention, but...

So this year I resolve to "like" things.  I'd like to clean out my attics.  I'd like to lose weight.  I'd like to knit a sweater.  You get the idea.  Then I'm going to do make small changes that will affect each of my likes.  For example, I'm setting a goal of cleaning out and organizing my kitchen pantry next week.  It's not my attic, but it's also not as daunting a project!  If past history is any indication, making this small start will get me in the organizing zone and I can progress to the attic, hopefully before summer when it's way too hot!

I wish - from Pinterest

Another thing I'd like to do is improve this blog.  But I need your help.  The blog was originally meant to be a place where we Master Gardeners in the Memphis area could share photos, stories, tips, and all things interesting - mostly, but not necessarily, garden related.  In practice, though, it's become a place where there the only sharing that goes on is mine!  That's an overstatement.  There are two or three other MG's who submit articles and I'm very grateful to them.  This is not my personal blog, it's the Memphis Area Master Gardeners blog.  I know what a talented group you are!

So maybe you would LIKE to help?  Send me an email (sallen0126+mamg@gmail.com) when you come across something that piques your interest.  If it interests you, it probably will interest a lot of us.  You don't even have to write it up, I can do that if you don't want to.  I just want content from someone other than me!

Let's like 2013 and make it fun and interesting and productive for us all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated and will appear as soon as they are approved.