Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Spring Gardening Events

I know it is not yet the middle of February, but if you are like me, you are already thinking about spring and the many fun things that happen in the gardening world in spring: plant sales, garden tours, seminars, and expo's. I'm on a number of gardening mailing lists and as the announcements about spring events come in, I add them to my calendar. I probably won't be able to attend them all, but I really hate it when I learn about an event after the fact. So, I'm going to mention these events as I learn of them. You might want to put them on your calendars as well.

The Tipton County Master Gardeners are having their spring expo on Saturday April 2 at Brighton High School. I've attended this event in past years and it has been worth the drive. (Brighton is about 20 minutes or so north of Millington.) This year, their theme is "pollinators", a subject that is (or should be) of interest to all gardeners. In addition to offering free soil testing this year, they have the usual things you find at such Master Gardener events: vendors, plant sales, educational sessions, and of course Master Gardeners are there to answer questions. One of their speakers this year is Carol Reese, who never fails to deliver a lot of information in a very entertaining way. And did I mention FREE soil testing? 

Click this link for more information on this event.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated and will appear as soon as they are approved.